Thursday 18 October 2012

New beginnings...

Hello everybody! Just a quick message for those who are interested with what I've been up to of late. You may have noticed that I've been posting less regularly in the past few weeks, which is merely a result of being back at uni and unfortunately having actual work to do! But I will keep posting as and when I have things to say and time to write for the blog.

Since I've been back at university, I've taken up an exciting new opportunity. For the next term, and perhaps longer, I will be a sports editor at York Vision. Vision is one of two campus newspapers in York, and has won the Guardian Student Publication of the Year award five times in the last decade, including most recently in 2011. I'm really looking forward to working with the great team at Vision and helping the paper (an in particular the sports section) go from strength to strength. It has a reputation for top quality journalism, and I hope to be able to contribute to that over the coming months.

I have also recently taken on sub-editing duties for The Student Journals. This is a really important part of the journalism process and is a really useful skill to learn. Already in my first few days at Vision, I have benefited from what I have learnt sub-editing for TSJ. I've been doing this for about a month already and will continue to do so.

So in summary, I've been broadening my horizon's beyond this blog, which has been a great vehicle for my writing during the summer. I will keep updating it when I can. I would just like to finish by thanking everybody who has ever read the blog, for your support and kind words. It's been a great encouragement as I pursue a career in journalism!

Much love

Michael

1 comment:

  1. good work Thrifty! Looking forward to seeing a couple of the articles in here too!

    ReplyDelete