Monday 2 July 2012

First post

Hi, this is the first post to my new blog, thanks for reading! I'm a student at York and interested in a career in journalism, so I thought the best way to get started with writing and have a regular opportunity to express my thoughts was through this blog. Hopefully I'll post regularly with my thoughts on life, current affairs and sport. I have a wide range of interests but my intention is to be able to find topics which have a common appeal, and be able to give my own individual slant on them. Whether anybody will read this, I do not know. But hopefully while I practise and refine my writing skills, which is my main aim at the moment, people will visit and, ideally, come back regularly to read what I write, whilst also using the comments to contribute their own thoughts. I will also post links to articles I have written elsewhere; the best thing about a blog is you can post to it no matter how much you have to say on a matter. So while I plan to write longer pieces for established websites, here I will give smaller thoughts and, who knows, they might lead to longer and more in depth entries elsewhere. All I ask at the moment is that you come back to read what I have to say and pass on the message to others. Thanks for visiting, and hopefully I will see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment